Columbus’ Mayor Andrew Ginther has asked City Council to limit hours of operations for bars and restaurants in order to attempt the spread of COVID-19.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The White House recently named Columbus as a possible hot spot for COVID-19 due to the continued rise in people contracting the airborne disease. Due to these things, Mayor Ginther along with the Columbus Public Health Commissioner Dr. Mysheika Roberts are asking Columbus City Council to approve proposed legislation that would cause bars and restaurants to close at 11pm. If passed these new restrictions would start July 28th. If this legislation is violated by an establishment a warning would come first followed by a $500 fine for the second violation. If there is a third violation there will be a $1,000 fine and possible closure.
As of July 24th, there are 77,309 confirmed cases in Ohio and 3,039 deaths due to COVID-19.
TRENDING STORY: Video of Cops Violently Arresting Man ‘Paying For A Bicycle’ Sparks Outrage
- Watch Inauguration Day Live: Swearing In Ceremony, Virtual Parade And More Streamed Online
- Mamba Memoriam: Kobe Bean Bryant’s Most Hip-Hop Moments
- The Comme des Garçons x Nike Air Foamposite One’s Are Pretty Sick
- Beyoncé Is About To Hit The Slopes With New Icy Park Collection, Gucci Mane Models
- Lizzo’s Version Of The Corvette Challenge Needs To Be A National Anthem
- Hank Aaron Died Of Natural Causes, Death Not Linked To COVID-19 Vaccine
- Gabourey Sidibe Details Her Struggles With Bulimia On The ‘Peace of Mind With Taraji’ Facebook Show
- Spinderella Speaks Out About Being Omitted From Salt-N-Pepa Biopic
- Fitness Expert Cierra C Talks The Importance of Choosing A Lifestyle Change Over Dieting
- HHW Tech Review: Samsung’s Galaxy Buds Pro Has One New Feature That Puts It In A Class By Itself
- Columbus Native and Gymnast Nia Dennis Stuns With Viral Floor Routine Incorporating Missy Elliott and 2Pac
Columbus Mayor Wants to Limit Restaurant and Bar Hours Due to COVID was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com