Minimum wage workers in the state are set to receive a 10 cent increase in 2021 taking it from $8.70 an hour to $8.80 for non-tipped employees and to $4.40 for tipped employees. Over the last couple of years, Ohio has been gradually raising the minimum wage in the state. In 2020 the minimum wage got a 15 cent increase, in 2019 the minimum wage got a 25 cent increase, in 2018 the minimum wage got a 15 cent increase and in 2016 the increase was 5 cents. The latest increase will start on January 1st of 2021.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In 2006, Ohio passed The Constitutional Amendment (II-34a) increasing the minimum wage annually based on inflation. If this increase isn’t enough for you there are plenty of employers around central Ohio that pay more than the minimum. Many of the Amazon distribution locations are starting new employees at $15 an hour, Walmart has started a new program nationwide in stores that have sparked an $18 and $21 an hour wage that can go up to $30 an hour in Walmart Supercenters. Hobby Lobby is another retailer that recently announced a $17 minimum wage increase for their full-time employees. Target had planned on increasing the minimum wage for employees at the end of 2020 to $15 but implemented it early.
- Baby Junie Is Serving LEWKS On Teyana Taylor’s Instagram Page Again
- Rush Limbaugh’s Most Racist Quotes: A Timeline Of Destructive Commentary
- Ben Crump Calls For New, Independent Prosecutor To ‘Seek Justice For Breonna Taylor’ After Grand Juror Speaks Out
- ‘Truth Be Told’: Breonna Taylor Grand Juror Breaks Silence, Suggests Daniel ‘Sellout’ Cameron Lied
- Columbus City Schools Announce Change for Second Quarter of School
- Voter Intimidation: Photo Shows Uniformed Cop Wearing Pro-Trump Mask At Miami Polling Place
- This Black Male Designer Made A Dress For Cardi B In Under 30 Minutes
- Early Voting Hours Are Expanded in Franklin County
- Hanging Death Of ‘Active Protester’ Ruled Suicide Amid String Of Suspected Lynchings, GoFundMe Says
- Taraji P. Henson & Fiancé Kelvin Hayden Split